PaperSpill is a website about science.It is a place where users:
- share their various scientific interests;
- try to make science fun for everybody.
Its goal is to promote:
- fun learning,
Golden Rules for posting:
1. Paperspill is for:
- ACTUAL science
- FUN science
- or AT LEAST, INTERESTING science..
2. Paperspill is NOT for:
- nudity or violence (keep it PG-13);
- posts stolen from other sites;
- copyrighted materials;
- memes and cat pics.
3. Please use valid references for all of your posts. They will be judged based on this.
What each category represents:
- Board: where submitted posts are sent automatically; users can sort them into Papers or Spill;
- Papers: posts considered "scientific". Criteria for sorting:
- it's about actual science*;
- it has valid references.
- Spill: posts that don't qualify for "Papers", but also don't infringe our Terms**, so we keep them anyway. These include posts:
- that don't have valid references - e.g. "http://someguysblog.com";
- that have nothing to do with science (but without nudity or violence) - e.g. "look at my cute cat!";
- where the topic is about science but the story is not - e.g. "people use this new scientific study as an excuse to eat butter all day!";
- about pseudo-science (and not about debunking it) - e.g. intelligent design
*Including psychology (at least part of it).
**Please report the ones that do.
a. Threats and promotion of harm
(threatening, organizing attacks, celebrating harm done to others)
b. Promotion of self-harm
(including cultures that encourage such behaviors, like pro-ana)
(you can show Jerry Mouse hitting Tom on the head, but no violence in real life or extreme violence in movies, TV shows etc.)
(no display of nudity, be it in a sexual or a non-sexual context; also, no sexual content involving a minor)
e. Bullying and harassment; hate speech and campaigns in controversial issues
(please try to maintain a friendly attitude)
f. Promoting illegal or regulated goods
(we try to make this website available for minors (over 13) too!)
f. Intellectual Property
(please check that you have the right to share what you are posting; as for freeware materials, we encourage you to transform and combine them according to your own ideas)
g. Attempts to compromise security and privacy
- you have been sending other users spam or disturbing messages;
- you have been posting inappropriate comments;
- your account has been hacked and used for the above purposes.